The International Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus polled
its members to discover the strangest questions they have been asked by
visitors. Here are the top 10:
- Do you have a map of the Iditarod Trail? We'd like to go for a walk now.
(Anchorage, Alaska CVB)
- Which beach is closest to the water?
(Florida Space Coast Office of Tourism)
- Have we made peace with the Indians?
(Scottsdale, Arizona Chamber of Commerce)
- Where can we find Amish hookers? We want to buy a quilt.
(Pennsylvania Dutch CVB)
- What is the official language of Alaska?
(Fairbanks, Alaska CVB)
- What's the best time of year to watch deer turn into elk?
(Denver Metro CVB)
- Where are Scarlet and Rhett buried and are they buried together?
(Cobb County, Georgia CVB)
- If you go to a restaurant in Idaho and you don't want any kind of potato
with your meal, will they ask you to leave?
(Boise, Idaho CVB)
- I am trying to build a flying saucer. Where do I go for help?
(San Jose, California CVB)
- Where can I find a listing of jazz funerals for the month? I'd like to
bring a group of students down to attend one.
(New Orleans Metropolitan CVB)