- It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a
- Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for anyone
to try to stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
- You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
- You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.
- Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the
- A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday
or they risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
- If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has
to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
- It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
- Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
- It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and
other domesticated animals kept as pets.
- Bathing is prohibited during the winter.
- Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theater nor ride
in a public streetcar within four hours after eating garlic.
- Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
- By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she
"cannot hold onto the ground."
- It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.
- It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a
- Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while
biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."
- Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
- Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and
- An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a
special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
- Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of
their taxi during their shifts.
- A parent can be arrested if her/his child cannot hold back a burp
during a church service.
- Females are strictly forbidden to appear unshaven in public.
- A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically
prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a
woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude
calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of
horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
- Beer and pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or
- Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.
- Violators can be fined, arrested, or jailed for making ugly faces at
- Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being
licensed by the state.
- Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in
groups of three or more on private property.
- A special cleaning ordinance bans homemakers from hiding dirt and
dust under a rug in a dwelling.
- No man may purchase alcohol without written consent from his wife.
- A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without
first obtaining a special five-dollar permit.
- It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while
- Lawmakers made it obligatory for everybody to take at least one bath
each week -- on Saturday night.
- All lollipops are banned.
- A law to reduce crime states: "It is mandatory for a motorist with
criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief
of police as he is entering the town.
- No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild